Author Topic: Olympiad games anonymous  (Read 448 times)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
Olympiad games anonymous
« on: May 11, 2020, 09:08:05 PM »
I'd like to suggest making olympiad games anonymous. There are two reasons for this: first is that it will prevent feed and second reason is more people will entroll to participate in olympiad games. At the moment people are camping who is currently fighting and refrain from entrolling if there are a lot of anticlass participants. There is already a system announcement who versus who won the match so that alone provides sufficient estimetion who is currently fighting so there is no need to be even more specific on the "watch match" board. By making it anonymous, more players would be more eager to entroll and the matches would be more exciting. Moreover, I strongly believe that anonymous fights will prevent feed from helping friends or providing tips, like givining tips versus which class his or her friend is currently facing. Please consider making "watch match" board anonymous so there will be no nicknames, and in game olympiad fights also make anonymous by disabling clan crests and nicknames. I would also consider making .poll about Interface and /olympiadstat again.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:34:32 PM by Warrior »

Offline Tyrake

• View Profile
Re: Olympiad games anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:12:25 PM »
true.. i agree with Warrior

Offline Ancano

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:57:03 PM »
You don't even play oly Sparkle, and I've seen you how unaccustomed with it you are, when you do...
You wouldn't be saying this if you knew what oly means. You don't fight against a random opponent, you fight against a certain player. All players, even from the same class, have their unique playstyle, and it's all part of the learning curve in there. I agree with the anonymous watch board, but not knowing who you're playing against is simply stupid, and I'm honestly baffled how an idea like this sounds good to you.

Also we provided proof of feed with footage of actual olympiad matches where feed happened, and there were literally 0 consequences for the transgressors. Why don't we try stopping feeding by punishing those guys, and letting their example scare the rest before taking such stupid, drastic measures?

Offline Tyrake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 12:02:13 AM »
Ancano.. player vs player on oly, private command /olympiadstat and system on oly like on TH event.. is great idea !! no feed, not calculate.. fight or no.. i have 500 pkt ( 200 from feed ) so i dont need fight bcs he have 100 pkt.. is so bad..

Max make private etc and feed will be finished

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 12:57:33 AM »
1. If you avoid certain classes/players to fight with then where is the essense to learn each player strategy?  And can you learn the playstyle of each individual player on the server?
2. The "camping", as I noticed, always ends up with beating opposite classes, and finally the poll is filled up with similar classes. Today, but many times in the past, I meet only daggers, only paladins etc., because all the other players just did a break from this sick competition.
3. Don't you think it would be more fun if more players enroll to olympiad games?

Regarding feed - it needs a system solution - only anonymous fights can prevent feed - do you believe GM will watch every fight and judge? What if I got an important call, had an issue with the Internet, was forced to leave, or I did not use some skill that was obvious to you but I didn't have enough experience? Will I be punished? It is just ridiculous! Therefore posting movies about feeding on external sites is not a real evidence but it only harms the server reputation. That is why, among other things, matches at Olympiad games should be anonymous.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 03:48:20 AM by Warrior »

Offline Ancano

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »
Okay, let's answer your points 1 by 1:

1)Warrior, you are aware, that olympiad waves have a minimum of 6 players, right? That most of the time you can hope to avoid someone when there is more than 1 wave, but other than that, it's pretty much random vs you who are matched against, right?

Don't make it sound like you can choose your opponent exactly. In my opinion it seems as though you try to compensate your lack of skill and ability to judge and improve your gameplay with other means.

If you always feel like the opponent's class "counters" you, then there's definitely something wrong with your gameplay pal  ;)

If you think you can play oly and always avoid "counter" classes, you're very wrong. In order to play and win consistently you need to learn which classes you always beat, which you almost never don't, and how to play each matchup exactly. There's no shortcut around that, eg "avoiding" a player and not regging.

And to answer your question, yes, in time you learn the exact playstyle of the most notable players.

2) I don't even know how to answer this, do you even play oly every day? There is versatility in the classes, with the more OP classes being more often, but that's to be expected. The fact that you never beat those classes you mentioned with your sorc says a lot.

3) Yes, I think it would be more fun if more people joined, but I can't see how anonymity would change this. Are you afraid of your name showing up on the loser's side, and you don't join, or what is the point of this exactly?

I can give you some credit about what you say lastly, as it isn't absolute proof, but in most cases it's pretty obvious (same clan, and obvious intentional losing because you know how the feeder plays normally etc) and GM staff hasn't shown any intention to punish this kind of behavior, so I don't think there's any need to keep repeating myself, check my comment above. Olympiad feed is obvious, it's happening in "feed waves" and it's easy to punish it once players provide footage - simple as that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:30:54 AM by Ancano »

Offline Maximus

• Administrator
  • Are you not entertained?
    • View Profile
    • VISERION
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
Hello,

Hiding crest / nickname at Olympiad is on list, when the times comes I will make a poll for this, but for now is impossible to add new features since I'm exceeded with support requests.